Work and Sports Physicals
Novant Health Forsyth Internal Medicine strives to make medical care as convenient as possible for our patients. That is why we offer sports physicals, work physicals and DOT physical exams to patients age 18 or older in the Winston-Salem, North Carolina, area. If you require a physical exam for work or to participate in a college sport, please call our office at (336) 718-0100 to make an appointment.
Please bring with you to your appointment any forms you need filled out or signed.
Most sports and work physicals include two parts, the medical history portion and the physical exam.
This part of the includes questions about:
- Serious illnesses among family members.
- Illnesses you've had, or have now, including asthma, diabetes or epilepsy.
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries.
- Past injuries, including concussions, sprains or bone fractures.
- Whether you've ever passed out, felt dizzy, had chest pains, or had trouble breathing during physical activity.
During the physical exam, the doctor might:
- Check height and weight.
- Check blood pressure and pulse.
- Test vision.
- Check heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose and throat.
- Evaluate posture, joints, strength and flexibility.
- Perform other tests as required, including EKGs.